Why "BUCKETS AND MONKEYS"?
Because from here on out, I get to work on my Bucket List because I've got the Monkey off my back!

REMEMBER:

If you are viewing this on your phone and do not see 2 columns then scroll left/right or switch to webpage or computer view.

Articles appear in the following order: top--newest to bottom--oldest
When you reach the bottom of the page click "Older Pages" to see more.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Day 11: The Wilderness Road (part 2)

After visiting Sycamore Shoals and Elizabethton I drove north to Bristol Tennessee to begin the 1st portion of the Wilderness Road. Upon leaving Bristol you are quickly in Virginia heading west towards the Cumberland Gap. The first portion of the Wilderness Road takes you through Virginia to the Cumberland Gap at the junction of the Tennessee, Kentucky, and Virginia state lines.

Screenshot_20170716-153839

I made it to the Cumberland Gap National Historical Park (VA), and spent the night at the Cumberland Gap Wilderness Road Campground. The next morning I would start the drive through the Gap and on to the end of the Wilderness road at Fort Boonesborough near Lexington Kentucky.

NEXT STOP ON THE ROAD TRIP

No comments:

Post a Comment