Why "BUCKETS AND MONKEYS"?
Because from here on out, I get to work on my Bucket List because I've got the Monkey off my back!

REMEMBER:

If you are viewing this on your phone and do not see 2 columns then scroll left/right or switch to webpage or computer view.

Articles appear in the following order: top--newest to bottom--oldest
When you reach the bottom of the page click "Older Pages" to see more.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Day 6: Coon Dog Memorial Cemetery

State Line (2)On my last day on the Natchez Trace I ventured off the Trace in Alabama to locate a place that I had read about years before: the Coon Dog Memorial Cemetery near Cherokee, Alabama. It was a winding drive that was longer than anticipated and wasn’t as well marked as advertised. Just about the time I started hearing the tune from deliverance in the back of my head I arrived.

While there I met a couple of sisters and a husband who had traveled further than me to this out of the way memorial. They were from Michigan and North Carolina and like me were driving the Natchez Trace. The rest of the drive to the end of the trail we would cross paths at several stops along the way.


Coon Dog Cemetery (2)


1

Coon Dog Cemetery (7)Coon Dog Cemetery (5)Coon Dog Cemetery (6)Coon Dog Cemetery (9)Coon Dog Cemetery (11)Coon Dog Cemetery (13)Coon Dog Cemetery (14)

Coon Dog Cemetery (3)












clivk to enlarge




























Coon Dog Cemetery (8)





































Coon Dog Cemetery (15)















Capture 

For more information on the Cemetery visit: http://www.coondogcemetery.com/

NEXT ROAD TRIP STOP

No comments:

Post a Comment