Will be 60 with 31 years. So spring of 2012.
So starting now whenever you see a sale, in season or out on camping or hiking gear let me know. I need to accumulate equipment, because I haven’t camped in years I need to not just train physically but need to educate, test, and accumulate the right equipment.
- Year 1 2008: the remainder of this season will involve more terrain walks, will train for the 08 Mini as usual, but following the Mini [through 08] ten mile walks will become the norm. Will also start doing some camping. By the end of summer-08 will combine camping with hikes. Probably look to getting more involved with a hiking/camping club or something.
- Year 2 2009: Same routine as 08 except will look to doing weekend trail [hiking and camping] trips similar to the Appalachian, possibly even getting portions of the trail done on a weeklong trip [20 a day/ 5 to 7days=100 to 140 miles]. Springer Mtn/Chatahochee Nation Forest [NF]
- Year 3 2010: Same as 09 but target the Appalachian Trail to get early parts of Georgia/Tennessee done [20 a day/ 5 to 7days=100 to 140 miles].
- Year 4 2011: Same as 09/10 but target the rest of Georgia/Tennessee and hopefully the Carolinas done. This would be apx 260 miles over 09/10/11 an average of 86 miles a week would do it??
- Year 5 2012: Retired. From Damascus Virginia set out to do AMAP.
- Year 6 2013: Finish Trail and die, unless I have grand kids, then I hang around a little while.